The Marywood Franciscan Spirituality Center engages persons seeking greater meaning in life and a deeper relationship with God, others, self and all creation by providing space for inspiration, reflection and solitude.
The mission is carried out by:
- Reverencing, appreciating and protecting Earth’s resources as gift
- Witnessing to the spirit of the Gospels as lived by Francis and Clare of Assisi
- Inspiring all to live in awareness of God’s presence in creation and the universe
- Sharing opportunities to further personal growth, relationships and faith
- Acting with compassion, creativity, hospitality and mutuality
- Creating a climate, both on and off site, of innovative approaches to healing, teaching and praying
- Creating partnerships that promote common endeavors
The Marywood property was purchased in 1966 by the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration as one of their United States provincial sites. Through the years the main building, lodge and four cabins provided the sisters and their guests with a place for spiritual renewal, community governance, ministry and wholistic living in the the Northwoods of Wisconsin.
On June 6, 1992 the Sisters made the decision to further develop Marywood into becoming a full time spirituality center. Marywood Franciscan Spirituality Center now invites all interested people for retreat and spiritual renewal.
A wide variety of programs and retreats are scheduled throughout the year. Marywood’s newsletter, Roots and Ripples, is published three times a year and is mailed to area residents. The newsletter includes a listing of current programs and retreats, as well as articles and reflections contributed by the staff.