Marywood Franciscan Spirituality Center is located on the shores of Trout Lake, in the heart of the Wisconsin Northwoods. It is surrounded by the Northern Highland American Legion State Forest. The Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest is also nearby. You will need to drive to get to these areas, normally for less than 20 minutes.
Hiking, Snow-Shoeing & Skiing
The Heart of Vilas County Paved Bike Trail System offers riders more than 52 miles of paved trails that connect the nearby towns of St. Germain, Sayner, Boulder Junction, Manitowish Waters, and Mercer. This trail winds through the Northern Highland American Legion Forest and along crystal clear lakes and rivers. Along the trail are many scenic rest areas with picnic spots and restrooms. From Marywood, bikers could access the trail at the intersection of M & N just a little over 2 miles away.
Places For Reflection and Contemplation
- The St. Francis Walk at Holy Family Catholic Church is situated to the northeast of the parish complex (8950 Cty J, Woodruff, WI 54568) and consists of 10 different Francis inspired meditation stations.
- Eucharistic Adoration Chapel at Holy Family Catholic Church.
- Holy Family Catholic Church, Woodruff
- Our Lady Queen of Peace, Manitowish Waters
- St. Matthias Episcopal Church, Minocqua
- Ascension Lutheran Church, Minocqua
- Calvary Evangelical Lutheran Church ELCA, Minocqua
- Church of the Pines Methodist Church, Minocqua
- Faith Evangelical Free Church, Woodruff
Other Places of Interest
- North Lakeland Discovery Center is in Manitowish Waters. Nature programs and 12 miles of trails are open to the public year-round.
- George W. Brown Jr. Ojibwe Museum and Cultural Center in Lac du Flambeau is a great place to learn about the area’s Native American culture.